Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fears

I'm afraid of failure....

what if you read this post and think, "that was stupid," what if I'm no good? what if no matter how hard I try I just can't get an A on that math test. Or make the soccer team, what if I flunk out of college, get a job at McDonalds, and die alone in a box on the side of the freeway....

I'm afraid of spiders....

Like when you find one on your wall next to your bed and then your paranoid all night about whether there's another one crawling above your head, waiting to jump on you, is it true we swallow 3 spiders every year in our sleep?

I'm afraid of my future....

like I said, what if I die alone in a box? What if I go on a mission and just can't cut it? What if I screw up my life with credit cards and become a slave to visa for the next fifty years?

I'm afraid of leaving the door to our storage room open....

Its unfinished and dark, and cold, and scary. what if there's some old guy living in there between the shelves? what if I walk in there some day and he jumps out and takes my shirt? what would you do? say hey give me my shirt back? first of all he's old and old people think they can do whatever they want, and second he's gotta be crazy if he's living in my storage room, he would probably just take my socks too.

No comments:

Post a Comment